Saturday, July 25, 2015

Unboxing: Owlcrate July 2015


Owlcrate is a monthly YA subscription box that includes a newly released book and a bunch of bookish goodies. Each month features a different theme related to the book for that month. The theme is announced fairly early in the previous month.

Owlcrate is $29.99 (+shipping) each month and includes:
  • A highly anticipated new YA release (published within the last 45 days)
  • 3-5 other bookish goodies (jewelry, totes, yummy treats, pins, etc)
  • Exclusive items from publishers and authors
  • A note telling you more about the novel and the items included in your crate

The Box

The theme for the July 2015 box is Friendship. I'll be honest - I totally called this book when they announced the theme.


Included in the box:
  • The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
  • Signed bookplate
  • Coordinating bookmark
  • Exclusive pin
  • Super Awesome Postcards from Archie McPhee
  • Kitty Book Buddies from Girl of all Work
  • Hand-Stamped Bracelet Cuff from Show Pony


I'm really excited about this book! I've been watching it and waiting for it since I heard about it. As usual, I like to go into most of the books I read completely blind so all I know about this book is it's about four friends. I don't care to know any more until I start to read it!

I'm not entirely thrilled about the post cards or the bracelet cuff. I love that the box included a signed bookplate and the little kitty note flags are absolutely adorable! These little flags will definitely get some use. Apparently there were two different styles of note flags sent in the boxes, so I wonder what the other style was...

Overall

I'd say overall I'm pleased with this box. I don't really care for half it, but I'm thrilled for the book! I will continue to subscribe to Owlcrate because I love the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment