Friday, July 10, 2015

#CRAMATHON

The adorable Whitney over at WhittyNovels is hosting a midyear cram-a-thon to help boost the numbers on our reading goals. This year it runs from midnight on the morning of July 10th and runs until 11:59 pm on July 13th. She normally hosts this read-a-thon at the end of the year so we can cram in those small books before everybody's yearly challenge ends, but she decided that hosting one in the middle of the summer seemed like a lot of fun. I never participated in this read-a-thon before so I think it's a great idea!!


I've recently increased my Goodreads reading challenge from 35 books to 60 books, so I'm pretty grateful for this read-a-thon!

Whitney has come up with a few challenges for the weekend, too. I used these challenges to put together my #CRAMATHON TBR so here's what I have:
  1. Read a children's book - Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
  2. Read a hardcover book - Mind Games by Kiersten White
  3. Read two books in 24 hours
  4. Read a graphic novel - World of Warcraft Vol. 1 by Walter Simonson/Ludo Lullabi/Sandra Hope
  5. Read a book written in verse - What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones
  6. Read a novella - The Prince (The Selection #0.5) by Kiera Cass
  7. Read five books total - The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass
I'm getting What My Mother Doesn't Know from the library, so I really hope it's available in time for the weekend. This will be the first novel I've ever read that's written in verse. How do you voice those in your head? Do you pause when the line changes?? I imagine you read it like William Shatner? I guess I'll find out!

You can follow along with my progress on my Challenges page!

So who else is participating in #CRAMATHON? What does your TBR look like for this read-a-thon?

No comments:

Post a Comment