Sunday, July 5, 2015

TBR Challenge Jar



Earlier in my June wrap-up I mentioned my TBR Challenge Jar. I got the idea (and almost all of the inspiration) for this jar from a video by Katytastic. This sounded like a lot more fun than a TBR jar that just had book titles in it. I'm a mood reader, so I'll never know what I want to read until I'm ready to sit down and read it. Sometimes I'll pick up (and put down) three or four books before I commit to reading one.

The idea behind the TBR challenge jar is to fulfill a challenge by reading a book that corresponds to that challenge. For example, my June challenge was to read a new to me author. I fulfilled that challenge by reading More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera.

I've filled the jar with pieces of paper that have challenges written on them. My goal each month is to complete at least one challenge from the jar. Some months I'll draw two challenges if I think I can complete them. Since I read nine books last month, I drew two challenges for July. I try to add a book to my TBR list for the month that I think will fulfill the challenge, but since I'm a mood reader I won't hold myself to it. As long as the challenge is completed by the end of the month, it counts.

Here are the challenges that were in the jar as of the beginning of June:
  • Read a book you've had no interest in reading
  • Read and award winning novel
  • Read a classic novel
  • Read a book that's been on your shelf for 5+ years
  • Read a book with 500+ pages
  • Finish a series
  • Start a new series
  • Reread a favorite book
  • Read/watch a book and its adaptation
  • Read a book that is not a novel
  • Read a new to you author
  • Read a book you did not finish/gave up on
  • Listen to an audiobook
  • Read a 2015 debut novel
  • Read a book that someone else picks
  • Read the next book in a series you abandoned
  • Read a book for a movie you've already seen
Do you have a challenge you'd add to the jar? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment