Friday, April 1, 2016

Finn's Favorites: Martingale Collar from The Pawsitive Collar Co


Meet Finn. Finn is my 63 pound 5 month old Great Dane. He's smart (too smart...), expressive, and thinks he's a lap dog. He's not an exceptionally picky pup but he will let you know when he doesn't like something. He will also let you know when he loves something! One of my 2016 blog goals is to branch out a bit into other things I love just as much as I love books. Well, I love my dogs - and my dogs have their own favorite things that I'd like to share. So welcome to Finn's Favorites!

We've recently discovered how much Finn loves going for walks, especially through the woods. Unfortunately, he's a bit of a puller. 63 pounds is doable right now, but it will be really bad when he's 120 pounds full grown! Our dog trainer suggested we try a Martingale collar to help in training to correct his desire to pull.

I'm picky about quality. I'm also, admittedly, picky about style. I want my pups to always look their best! I definitely found the cutest collar for my Dane. I purchased his new collar at The Pawsitive Collar Co. And I love it!


Look at this handsome boy! We're not very good at sitting for photos yet, but he does love to shake paws!

When we first got it, we practiced putting it on and taking it off (with lots of treats) for about 10 minutes. He's getting better with putting it on, but taking it off is still somewhat of a struggle. He'll get it, though. Our first test walk was definitely interesting. He still pulled but he seemed to pull less once the collar tightened and looked at me and waited for me. He didn't look hurt or uncomfortable, he just looked like he decided not to pull as much. I have a feeling that this collar is exactly what I've been looking for!

Functionality aside, look at how cute it is (the orange chevrons are actually a shimmery copper color)! The stitching looks strong, the hardware is solid, the collar definitely has a good weight to it, it definitely seems very sturdy (we may have had to play a bit of tug of war with it before I could get it on him the first time), and that pattern is just striking on a black dog. The collar is made with a nylon webbing core and 100% cotton fabric.

Not only is it made well, I was impressed with the care that went into the packaging. It was wrapped in bright tissue paper and fabric tape, and had coordinating ties to keep the collar lying flat. It also came with a hand written thank you card!



I'm able to keep the collar loose enough on him that he could probably sleep in it, but I still take his collars off when he's in his crate during the day and right before bedtime. It didn't take him long to get used to a wider collar. He hasn't been scratching at it or messing with it. We've been on a few walks since we got it. He's definitely pulling less severely and he looks so stylish!

Overall I really love this collar. Go over and check out The Pawsitive Collar Co shop on Etsy and get your favorite pup a little happy mail. Great collars, great prices. She makes Martingale collars, buckle collars, bandanas, and even a cute little doggy bowtie! On top of that, the owner seems like a real sweetheart! Finn gives his new collar 5 paws.



*This review was not sponsored and was unsolicited. I happily purchased this product on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment