Sunday, August 16, 2015

Bookish Accessories: Frostbeard Studio Candles

Ask any of my friends - I have a strange obsession with smells. The moment I get a new book, I smell it. Not in a normal way...according to one of my friends it's almost obscene the way I smell books. I also have a "mild" obsession with candles. I have them all over my library. If I'm in there, there's a candle going. I've always said that somebody needs to make a candle that smells like new books (more specifically, new textbooks - best smell ever). While I still can't find a "new textbook" candle, I did come across Frostbeard Studio and their impressive catalog of other bookish smells.

I definitely geeked out when I found their Etsy store. Between candles that smell like books to Song of Ice and Fire candles, I had to seriously restrain myself from buying the whole store. Instead, I opted for the Bibliophile Sample Pack, which includes six tea lights in different scents (Old Books, Trashy Romance Novel, Book Cellar, Oxford Library, Bookstore, and Sherlock's Study).






These soy candles are handmade in Minnesota by Roxie and Tom, a married couple who "create
nerdy things that need to exist".

So far I'm impressed with the scents. Book Cellar actually smells like the basement of a library, Old Books smells almost sweet, and Bookstore smells deliciously of coffee! The candles themselves smell strong when unlit and the scent permeates the room about 30 minutes into burning. I very rarely get to use my votive/tea light candle holder, so I'm glad to be able to use it for these.

My order arrived promptly. It shipped the day after I ordered it and arrived in 2 days. They have a ton of different scents to choose from with creative names and inspiration. I'm looking forward to trying their other sample packs as well as ordering a full sized candle of my favorite from this pack. I definitely recommend that you check Frostbeard Studio out.

I was not compensated by the seller for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment