Wednesday, July 29, 2015

BookTubeAThon


BookTubeAThon is almost here!! The BookTubeAThon is a week long read-a-thon (August 3rd to August 9th) hosted by Ariel Bissett. It includes seven reading challenges and seven video challenges. The reading challenges have been announced, but each of the video challenges are announced on the morning of each day of the read-a-thon.

I have never participated in this particular read-a-thon before, but ever since I heard about it, I've wanted to participate. Since this is an annual event, I had to wait...

I'm not a BookTuber. I've tried doing a YouTube channel and I am awful at it. Not only do I feel ridiculous talking to a camera alone in a room, but I'm terrible at editing. I'm hoping to actually participate in the video challenges, so maybe that'll give me enough practice to not look like a complete idiot. One of my goals for the year is to film a few BookTube videos.

Here are the read challenges for the read-a-thon:
  • Read a book with blue on the cover - The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
  • Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name - Mind Games by Kiersten White
  • Read someone else's favorite book - Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
  • Read the last book you acquired - The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
  • Finish a book without letting go of it - The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie
  • Read a book you really want to read - Ranma 1/2 Vol 1 by Rumiko Takahasi
  • Read seven books - Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
I think I've put together an achievable TBR. I've been stuck in a reading slump recently, so I really hope this pulls me out of it.

What's on your TBR for BookTubeAThon 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment