Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Spring Cleaning Readathon

Am I weird because the title "Spring Cleaning" made me happy?? I love spring cleaning. I love being able to open the windows and air out the house, reorganize things, and purge my closets of stuff I don't use anymore. After I clean, I love that feeling of coming home to a fresh house.

The Spring Cleaning Readathon is being hosted by Books With Lucy (using the hashtag #SpringCleanReads on Twitter and Instagram).


The concept of this readathon is pretty neat, really. Spring cleaning for my TBR! Also, spring cleaning for my shelves? Sure, why not! This isn't part of the readathon rules, but I feel like it's something I should really consider doing. I have so many books on my shelf that I either need to read already or say good bye to them. I try to purge my shelves seasonally of books that I'm clearly never going to read, but there are those that I keep saying "I'll read that eventually".

So the official rules for this readathon are to choose books that have been sitting in the back of your shelf that you constantly overlook (or you best friend won't stop harassing you about reading), dust them off, and read them. Simple enough, right? Here's the (formidable) pile of books I'll be choosing from this coming weekend:

  1. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman 
  2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
  3. You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
  4. If I Stay by Gail Foreman
  5. Shatter Me by Tahareh Mafi (and the rest of the series if I'm inspired)
  6. Hallow City by Ransom Riggs
  7. 1984 by George Orwell
  8. Mind Games by Kiersten White

If you've ever seen one of my recent TBRs, I kind of do it a little differently. I make a pile and that's what I choose from. Then at the end of the month/event, I put them all back on my shelf. I've discovered that if I force myself to read specific things, I won't. I'll either abandon it or just stop reading. The rigidity of conventional TBRs make me feel guilty if I can't adhere to it, which will often drive me into a reading slump. I also find that when I'm standing in from of my shelves, I'm overwhelmed by all of the options.

My goal is to complete something from this list. Anything from this list. Readathons don't really fit in my schedule well, so I'll be happy with just one completed book.

What are you planning to read? Do you have something that you just have to finish this weekend before you start anything else?? (/cough /cough Neverwhere)

1 comment:

  1. What a great list!! Very ambitious as well!! I'm also reading the shatter me series, the last book to be more specific. I hope you enjoy all your books!! Good luck girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete