Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Top 5 Anticipated Pre-Orders for the Rest of the Year

It's that time of the week again! Top 5 Wednesdays is the brain-child of gingerreadslainey. If you'd like to learn a bit more about Top 5 Wednesday, you can check out her Goodreads group and take a look at everybody who participates!

This week's topic is "top 5 anticipated pre-orders for the rest of the year". This is probably one of the easiest top 5 topics I could have asked for thanks to my unrealistically extensive Amazon wish list.

5. Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid

Release date: August 4, 2015
This looks like the cutest summer read! This is the story about two best friends who put together a list of things to never do, like "dye your hair rainbow colors" or "never pine silently after someone the whole way through high school". Then one day, they get bored and decide to do all of the things on the list - but #10 is "never date your best friend". This book just seems awkward and adorable.




4. You're Never Weird on the Internet (almost) by Felicia Day

Release date: August 11, 2015
Just like every other geek girl, I love Felicia Day. Sure I've followed her since season 1 of The Guild, but I definitely wouldn't call myself a "super fan". I'm interested in and excited to read her memoirs, though. I can't wait to see how a girl who double majors in math and violin performance becomes the Queen of nerds!




3. Winter by Marissa Meyer

Release date: November 10, 2015
I just finished reading Cress last week so I'm really excited to get my hands on this book! This is the 4th and final installment of the Lunar Chronicles. I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't read the previous books, so I won't include a brief description. It is, however, told in the format of a retelling of Snow White. I thoroughly enjoyed the previous three books (I haven't read Fairest yet) so needless to say this will find itself to the top of the TBR pile when it arrives!

2. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Release date: October 6, 2015
Fangiril was my very first Rainbow Rowell book and I devoured it! It was probably one of my favorite books of the year. So when I got to the end of the book and saw that her next book would be the actual book that Cath had written, I couldn't believe it! I immediately went to Amazon and pre-ordered it. Then I pouted when I saw when the release date was. This is the story, written as fan-fiction by Cath from Fangirl, about Simon Snow (a teen wizard) and his best friend/mortal enemy Baz (also a wizard - and a vampire) and their adventures at the Watford School of Magicks. While I'm sure this book can be read on its own, I would absolutely suggest reading Fangirl first. Then immediately go pre-order this book. GO NOW!

1. Armada by Ernest Cline

Release date: July 16, 2015
Ready Player One is my favorite book of all time. When I realized that it was his debut novel, I knew that I needed to own all of his future books sight unseen. Armada is about a boy who loses his father. He escapes his own reality by immersing himself in the fantastic world of the online flight simulator Armada. One day he (and many other gamers) are called upon to actually protect the world from invading aliens. I'm a big World of Warcraft player, and I can honestly say that I would not want to be called upon to save the world from the invading Burning Legion. But I really want to read about somebody who does! I'm so excited for this book!!!!!!

What's your most anticipated 2015 title? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Also really excited Winter and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I really need to read a Ernest Cline book as I haven't even read Ready Player One yet but Armada does seem really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ready Player One is by far my FAVORITE book ever. You should absolutely read it :)

      Delete