Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Unboxing: Uppercase Box August 2015



Uppercase Box is a YA monthly subscription box where you get a newly published YA book (this is either signed or includes a bookplate) and a few bookish goodies. The unique thing about Uppercase Box is the Uppercase Interactive Reading Experience - these are sticky notes in the book with a keyword to additional content. It could be anywhere from a video from the author to a short story written to expand upon that specific portion of the book. It really creates a truly immersive reading experience. The owner also includes a personalized note in each box!

There are 3 different Uppercase Box subscriptions you can choose (Shipping within the U.S. and Puerto Rico costs $6 and shipping to Canada is $19.50):
  • $17 per month:
    • One recently published YA book
    • Signed book or bookplate from the author
    • Uppercase Interactive Reading Experience
  • $23 per month (this is the one I get)
    • One recently published YA book
    • Signed book or bookplate from the author
    • Uppercase Interactive Reading Experience
    • 1 or 2 book related items
  • $29 per month
    • YA book chosen specifically for you based on your personal tastes
    • A handwritten note explaining the book choice
    • Author content is not included

The Box

I was definitely surprised and pleased by the contents of August 2015 box. Here is everything that was included:


  • Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
  • Signed bookplate by Shanna Swendson
  • Book cover inspired bookmark
  • Book quote inspired temporary tattoo from Lithograph
  • An ampersand necklace
  • Pocket notebook from Swoon Reads
I have never read a Steampunk book before. I've also been looking to get into historical fiction, so I think this book is going to fit the bill perfectly. If you've read my blog before, you'll know that I like to go into books blindly so I haven't read the synopsis of this book. I do know, however, that this novel is an alternative historical fiction in which the British posses magic to prevent the American Revolution. The British have magic but the American colonists have inventions. 

I was excited to see the notebook. I love little notebooks. I take notes when I read books that intend to review, and it's nice to have a few notebooks lying around. And it's pink!

It seems minor, but I absolutely love the bookmark. It was designed to look like the ribbon tied to a gear on the cover of the book. It got me thinking... Wouldn't it have been awesome of the bookmark was actually attached to the book? I solved that problem (check out the tutorial here).

Overall

I think they knocked it out of the park this month! The book selection was completely unexpected and I'm excited to tackle a genre I've never read before. I can't wait to see what they give us next month!

I was not compensated by the seller for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment