Saturday, August 1, 2015

Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2015

July was kind of a bittersweet month. I started out really strong in the beginning of the month, but then I hit a reading slump toward the end of the month. I must have started and put down 3 different books in the last week and a half.
This month I've finished 14 books: 10 novels and 4 graphic novels.

This month I participated in the #CRAMATHON. I didn't do as well as I'd have liked in this read-a-thon, but I didn't do too poorly:
  • Read a children's book - Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
  • Read a hardcover book - Mind Games by Kiersten White
  • Read two books in 24 hours (DONE!)
  • Read a graphic novel - World of Warcraft Vol. 1 by Walter Simonson/Ludo Lullabi/Sandra Hope (DONE!)
  • Read a book written in verse - What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones (DONE!)
  • Read a novella - The Prince (The Selection #0.5) by Kiera Cass
  • Read five books total - The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass (DONE!)
3 books in a weekend? Not too shabby...

Books I Finished This Month

Novels

  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer
  • Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison
  • The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass
  • What My Mother Doesn't Know (What My Mother Doesn't Know #1) by Sonya Sones
  • What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know (What My Mother Doesn't Know, #2) by Sonya Sones
  • Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass
  • The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass
  • Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
  • Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson

Graphic Novels

  • World of Warcraft, Vol. 1 by Walter Simonson
  • In Real Life by Cory Doctorow, Jen Wang
  • Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 1 by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Brooke A. Allen

July TBR Challenge

The challenges I drew from the TBR jar for July were:
  • Read a book with 500+ pages: Cress by Marissa Meyer (DONE!)
  • Read a book that has been on your shelf for 5+ years: .............. (failed)
I assure you I tried to read a book that was on my shelf for 5+ years, but it didn't happen. I kept putting it down. Oh well. Note to self - drawing one challenge per month is probably good enough. Perhaps I will draw two challenges and choose which one I want to do... We'll see next month, won't we!

Monthly Favorite


Bookish Bingo Update

Hey, check it out! I have a couple Bingos! YAY!!


So how'd you do this month? What was your monthly favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment