Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Goodreads  |  Amazon  |  Author's Website
Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #1
Genre: YA - Contemporary
Original Release Date: December 2, 2010
Publisher: Speak
Pages: 401
Source: Purchased


Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

L'amour à Paris

This book follows a girl who was forced to go to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year. While that might sound like an amazing opportunity, Anna had no interest in going. After a few weeks of sulking she finds herself with a small group of friends and has her eye set on a boy she shouldn't be thinking about.

This book was absolutely adorable. I found myself feeling like I was in high school all over again (and not in the bad way). The dialogue wasn't overwhelming (I don't like too much or too little) and the first person narration wasn't irritating. Ms. Perkins really knows how to make you feel like you're in her main character's shoes - I definitely found myself pining for the same things she did. Normally I don't prefer books that are predictable, but that wasn't the case here. I needed a predictable book.

Overall

I had been saving this book for the perfect occassion and finally I found it - a 3 month long reading slump. It was charming and fast paced, which had me staying up late turning pages. I bet that if I'd have read this book at a different time of my life, I might not have liked it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment