Thursday, August 13, 2015

Social Media Book Tag



This book tag was created by Regan of Faulty Devices, but Ariel Bissett changed a few of the questions. I wasn't tagged by anybody, I just wanted to do it on my own.

Twitter

Your favorite short book

People with Penguin Problems by Mary Laura Philpott

This book is 112 pages of adorable and silly! The artwork is messy and cute and the little stories associated with them are funny, but not because the stories themselves are funny. They're funny because they're happening to penguins. This book is about exactly what you think it's about.


Facebook

A book that everyone pressured you into reading

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

I had no interest in reading this. Back in 2008, all of my coworkers were reading this book. They're all "oh you like vampire books, you'd love this. You have to read it with us!" So I gave it a shot. I was not impressed. Perhaps it was the time that I read it or that I was practically forced to read it, but I had no desire to continue the series. Maybe someday I'll reread it, but I doubt it'll make me want to slap Bella any less.

Tumblr

A book you read before it was cool

Wicked by Gregory MacGuire

I got this book back in 2001. I hadn't even heard of it yet. The musical didn't premier until 2003 so this was still just a "good book". Unfortunately, I have a confession........... I didn't finish it. /facepalm


Myspace 

A book you don't remember if you liked or not

Any Anita Blake Vampire Hunter novel by Laurell K. Hamilton

I think I've read 8 of these? Honestly I couldn't tell you the plot of any of them if you told me the title. If you've never read this series before, it's about a woman whose job is to raise the dead and ask them questions to help in court proceedings. She also works with the police to help solve paranormal cases. She raises the dead during the day and hunts vampires in the evening. And she's also dating a vampire. And a werewolf? Obviously I liked these books enough to keep reading them, but I don't remember if I even finished the last few. Just so you know, these books aren't YA. Not even a little bit.


Instagram

The most beautiful book you own

The Heir by Kiera Cass

I am a sucker for beautiful gowns. If I could wear a ball gown every day, I would. It was really hard for me to choose my favorite cover from The Selection series. I decided to choose the one that I'd want to wear the most.




YouTube

A book you wish would be turned into a movie

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

This book is about a girl who dies, but instead of passing on she relives the last day of her life seven times. I read this book last year and I'm still thinking about it. The moment I finished this book I hit up the internet to see if anybody's bought the movie rights to this. Fox 2000 optioned the rights for this book in 2010 and nothing has happened since. Come on, Fox! Do something about this!! This movie needs to happen!!


Goodreads

A book you recommend to everyone

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

I know I'm not the only person who feels this way (and I'm also pretty sure that people are sick of being told they need to read this book), but seriously this is one of the best books I've ever read. This book is about a society lives/works/learns/plays almost entirely in an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game). When the creator of this game suddenly dies, he leaves his entire massive fortune to the player who can find it hidden in the game. I'm a gamer. I've been playing World of Warcraft for 10 years. This book resonated with me unlike any other book I've read before. I love this book so much I own two copies. You don't even have to be a gamer to appreciate this book! I know plenty of non-gamers who have read and loved this book just as much as I did. If you haven't read it yet - what are you waiting for?!

This was fun! I have never done a book tag before. I love watching book tags on YouTube so I wasn't entirely sure how it would translate to written media. I will definitely be doing another one soon.

I don't have anybody specific to tag so if you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged! If you do this tag, comment your post/video below because I'd love to see it!

What book tag should I do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment