Monday, August 10, 2015

BookTubeAThon Wrap Up

For as behind as I thought I was during this read-a-thon, I didn't do all that badly!


I went into this read-a-thon wanting to make a video or two. Unfortunately I didn't. I made all sorts of excuses for myself to justify not filming anything (bad lighting, my tripod doesn't work, all I have is an iPhone, I don't know how to edit, I look terrible on camera, etc...) but I think it all boiled down to uncertainty and stage fright. I think I'll eventually film something, but I'm going to really have to psych myself up for it! It might help to know that I won't have anybody watching for a while. Maybe I should put that goal in my TBR jar - film a monthly wrap up video.

I think the most fun part of this read-a-thon was the thing that I originally thought was stupid - Twitter sprints. I mean seriously...don't they sound silly? I thought it was just somebody saying "OK, read now" on Twitter. This seems superfluous to me because if we're sitting on Twitter during a read-a-thon, aren't we already reading? Boy was I wrong! During each sprint, there were little games like "find a word that relates to baking" or "take a picture of yourself throwing your book" or "if your main character was buying a puppy, what breed would they get". At the end of each block of sprints there was a giveaway (I didn't win anything). They were so much fun!!

One of the books I read this week was an audio book I got from my library. This was my very first audio book. It wasn't a bad experience. I think I chose the wrong book to listen to, though (The Rithamatist by Brandon Sanderson). The book had diagrams that I didn't get to see, so it was a bit confusing. The book also kinda ended abruptly, so I didn't like that either. I did enjoy being able to read a book while cleaning and playing WoW, so I think I'll keep getting them.

Here's all of the challenges I've completed and the books I've read:
  • Read a book with blue on the cover - Ranma 1/2 Vol 1 by Rumiko Takahasi
  • Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name - Ms. Marvel Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson and Jacob Wyatt
  • Read someone else's favorite book
  • Read the last book you acquired - The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
  • Finish a book without letting go of it - Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
  • Read a book you really want to read - The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie
  • Read seven books
Even though most of the books I read this week were graphic novels, I still think it was a good week. I wish it would go on for another couple days, but for as much fun as I had, I'm sure I'll just keep saying that. Thanks to this week, though, I'm on track for my Goodreads reading challenge!!

Since I'm considering making a BookTube video, what video should I film first? Seriously - I have no idea where to start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment